Posts for tag: Gynecologist
It’s Time for Your Annual
This is the most common reason women visit the OBGYN. Most women should start visiting their gynecologist once a year for checkups starting at 21 years old. These exams typically involve a standard pelvic exam to check for any symptoms or potential issues that could affect the uterus, cervix, and other female reproductive organs. Your doctor will also perform a breast exam and a Pap smear, which detects suspicious and potentially cancerous cells in the cervix.
You Think You’re Pregnant
Whether you just got a positive pregnancy test or you’re experiencing symptoms of being pregnant, it’s important to confirm your pregnancy with your OBGYN. By confirming your pregnancy as soon as possible, your OBGYN can provide you with the treatment and care you need to ensure that you have a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
You are Concerned about STDs
If you are concerned that you might have been exposed to an STD, this is another reason to make an immediate appointment with your OBGYN. If you notice any unusual vaginal discharge, sores, or other symptoms, give us a call. Of course, many STDs don’t cause symptoms, so it is possible to have an STD and not even know it. This is why it’s a good idea to get regular STD testing, even if you aren’t experiencing symptoms.
You Want to Know Your Birth Control Options
There are so many different birth control options these days that you may feel a bit overwhelmed by your choices. This is when an OBGYN can talk you through the different options, weigh the pros and cons, and help you determine the best one for you based on your health and lifestyle.
You are Experiencing Symptoms of an Infection
Itching, discharge, and burning with urination are all signs of an infection. Whether you think you are dealing with a urinary tract infection, bacterial infection, bladder issue, or yeast infection, your OBGYN will be able to diagnose and treat it quickly and easily.
Your Periods are Out of Whack
If you are dealing with painful, extremely heavy, or irregular periods, you will want to discuss these changes with your gynecologist as these could be signs of an underlying problem such as polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, or nutritional deficiencies.
An OBGYN specializes in offering comprehensive care for all women’s reproductive health issues and can provide everything from routine checkups and Pap smears to STD testing and family planning options. Call your OBGYN to schedule an appointment for you or your teenager today.
For many females, making an appointment with a gynecologist can be intimidating, and some avoid visiting one altogether. The truth is, visiting a gynecologist is important for all females. OC Women's Care, which is located in Fountain Valley, CA, is an obstetric and gynecology practice that offers the full range of women's health services. Here are five reasons why you should visit your gynecologist.
1. Pap Smears - A Pap smear is a screening procedure for cervical cancer. A Pap test samples cervical cells to check for abnormalities. Cervical cancer can be prevented with regular pap tests and follow-up. To stay clear of cervical cancer, a pap test is necessary every three years.
2. Pelvic Exams - According to ACOG, women ages 21 years and older should get a yearly pelvic exam. The exam is a thorough check of a woman's pelvic organs. It may not be your favorite appointment, but a pelvic exam is indispensable to your overall health.
3. Breast Exams - A breast exam is a physical examination of the breasts done by a doctor. Breast exams are used to check women for breast cancer. Over 30 percent of women aren't getting breast exams when they should be. Breast examinations are commonly recommended for females over 40. However, if a history of breast cancer is present in your family, then earlier breast examinations are needed.
4. Irregular Menstruation - Have your periods stopped or become irregular? If you have a concern about your menstrual cycle, it is important to make an appointment with your Fountain Valley, CA gynecologist right away. If you ignore the problem, it could cause reproductive problems later on.
5. Birth Control - Birth control allows you to prevent pregnancy. If you are sexually active and are not ready to conceive, you should visit a gynecologist for birth control. Many females don't know that birth control can also be used to treat a variety of female problems.
When was your last visit to the gynecologist? Don't take risks with your health. Yearly visits to the gynecologist are a great start to taking control of your health. Call OC Women's Care, which is located in Fountain Valley, CA at (714) 966-21128 right now to schedule an appointment with one of our world-class gynecologists.