Is My Pregnancy High-Risk?
posted: Oct. 20, 2020.
- Previous pregnancy complications (if you’ve been pregnant before and dealt with complications such as premature birth, then you are more likely to deal with complications with future pregnancies)
- Multiple births (if you are having twins, triplets, quadruplets or more, you are also more likely to go into preterm labor)
- Blood disorders (e.g. sickle cell disease)
- Lupus or other autoimmune disorders
- Advanced mature age (women who are age 35 or older)
- Diabetes (both type 1 and type 2)
- Thyroid disease
- Drinking alcohol
- Illicit drug use